( and loadsa other concerns !)
Organisations who hold power ARE responding to the pollution crisis :- e.g.
- Plastic indispensable part of daily life; not an environment problem..an opportunity to maintain the circular economy . UK Plastics Pact : Aim,together create a sustainable system for plastics at the forefront of the circular economy.
- “ EU declared war on plastic waste” Plan includes 350 mill. euros funding research to modernise plastic production and collection…..Each piece of packaging on the continent to be reusable /recyclable by 2030.
- EU “Priority to clamp down on single-use plastic: 5 seconds to produce,5 minutes to use, 50 year’s to break- down”.
- George Monbiot:” Oil companies will invest £130bn.globally in new plastic facilities in next 7 years…..UK Government’s praiseworthy “clean growth” policy, in practice entails more growth, more resources, more consumption.
- Encouraging : proliferation in mass- circulation newspapers of articles photographs & campaigns plus social media petitions calling for government, commerce & consumer action to control useage & wastage & pollution.
AND it all RASPS AGAINST FACTS… AND THE FACT that the present crisis has been known and “hidden”, for decades..MYOPIA : near- sightedness.
- 8 mill.tonnes of Plastic reach the sea every year.
- By 2050 there will be more Plastic in oceans than fish.
- 99% of seabirds will have eaten plastic.
- average sea-food eater will have ingested 11,000 pieces of micro plastic,yearly.
- Orb media reports billions of people in 12 countries drinking water contaminated by Plastic particles.
- Plastic debris in oceans a growing hazard as toxins climb the food chain.
- See list references at end of TALES SECTION of this website
- I’m Mad As Hell Speech From Network (1976) WATCH YOU TUBE